Posted on : 21-10-2009 | By : Live Concert | In : Music Market
1. Start A Search Engine Friendly, simple, but Effective web site. Do not overpay or use excessive flash animation. (Flash Animation is bad for ranking in the search engines)
2. Create a MySpace! Join MySpace.com Music Groups and get the word out. Network and add as many friends as possible. Then do Bulletins and Messages to all your friends about shows, new songs, etc. There are even “FriendBlaster” programs you might get to add massive friends to your friends list.
3. Make your songs, pictures, bio freely available both on your MySpace.com and website.
4. Upload your tunes to as many band promotion websites as possible. last.fm, ourstage.com, American idol underground, to name a few. Do a search, there are dozens of places to upload your tunes for free or for a small fee.
5. Advertise on Free Classifieds such as Craigslist. Craigslist has a musicians section where you can post information on upcoming shows and events, or create links to your MySpace or web site directly from Craigslist using hyperlink HTML code or just by placing http:// in front of your web site address. also try UsFreeAds, and other similar services where you can get 100 percent Free listings.
6. Write Expert Articles and submit them to EzineArticles.com, GoArticles, and other Article Directories. Write in the music category about something you have knowledge of, and then you get a moment to include a link to your web site at the bottom, where you may ask individuals to listen to your songs or visit your webpage or MySpace.
7. Network on Musicians Forums and Message Boards. Just search for music forums, and talk to others. You could often include a tagline with your MySpace or web site address. The more traffic to your web site the better.
Do not forget ! The idea is to get as many individuals interested long enough to listen to your music, and perhaps come out to a show or tell a person about the song. The way you do this Online is by getting as many individuals to play an mp3, which generally will be done on a promotional web site that you produce a profile on, or by a person who has visited your web site or MySpace as a result of your marketing endeavor s. Get as many individuals as possible to your webiste by creating as many links as possible, and by telling as many individuals as you may about the band, the music, etc.
You should furthermore be familiar with the process of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) which may advocate bring in “organic” traffic to your website. But one of the the majority important factors to this, is links to your website, which is what all of us have discussed here. You may furthermore utilize Pay Per Click in Google AdWords or Yahoo! Search Marketing if you’ve a band that is essential a business, i.e. you performance for pay, performance at marriages etc.